Internet of Things (IoT)
Internet of Things is nothing but both combination of hardware and software.It is abbreviated as IoT.IoT is coined by Kevin Ashton. It is based on network technology. Internet of Things plays key role in our day to day life. The ability of transfer data over internet without need human to human or human to machine/system interaction.
The Internet of things (IoT) is the expansion of Internet network into physical gadgets and regular articles. Inserted with gadgets, Internet availability, and different types of equipment, (for example, sensors), these gadgets can convey and connect with others over the Internet, and they can be remotely observed and controlled.
The companies which are using IoT are Google,Cisco,General Electric(GE),Rolls Royce, AT&T,Amazon,Dell,Samsung,Bosch,Accenture,Microsoft,RedHat,Tata,Honeywell, Qualcomm,Eddie Stobart Transport and Logistics Company, Aviva, and Walt Disney Land
· Data processing
· User interface
How Does IoT Works?
Device with work in sensor associated with IoT stage, which solidify information from the various gadgets and applies investigation to impart the most significant data to applications to address explicit needs..
Technologies used in IoT
· Network Technology
· Embedded Technology
· Information Technology
· Wireless protocols
Real time examples of IoT
Wearables, Automatic home appliances, Driveless cars, Alexa, Kisi Smart lock, CISCO’s connected factory,etc,.
Importance of IoT
In future, the world is set to be completely IoT oriented.
· IoT promotes efficient resource utilization
· It reduces human efforts in many life aspects
· Will reduce the cost of production and maximizing the returns
· It makes analytics decisions faster and accurately
· It boosts the real-time marketing of products
· It guarantees high-quality data and secured processing
· Monitor their overall business processes
· Improve the customer experience
· Save time and money
· Enhance employee productivity
· Integrate and adapt business models
· Make better business decisions
· Generate more revenue
· Can access information/data from anywhere at any time on any device
· Improved communication between connected electronic devices
· Reduces the need for human intervention.
· Enhance data collection
· Improve security
· Encourages Machine-to-Machine Communication(M2M)
· Automation and control
· Cost effective solution
· Better quality of life
· Safety problem
· Less Privacy/Security
· Complexity in systems
· Loss of jobs
· Hardware Compatability difficulties
· Cloud storage issue
· Data Connectivity
· Smart home applications
o Smart TV,Smart AC
o Heart rate monitors,Smart watches
· Connected Cars
o Tesla, BMW, Apple, Google
o Smart Greenhouse
· Poultry and farming
o Livestock monitoring
o Milking Automation Technology
· Energy engagement
o Smart power grids
· Smart retail
o Smart phones
· Smart cities
o Palo Alto
· Connected Health (Digital health/Telehealth/Telemedicine)
o Care devices,Smart sensors
Future of IoT
IoT devices will be an immense piece of how we communicate with fundamental regular articles. In only one year alone, we went from having 5 million IoT devices associated with the web to billions. What’s to come is occurring now, and these gadgets are getting more intelligent consistently through AI and man-made brainpower.
IoT will have scope in future .It is the most important thing in this digital world.Codebind technologies offers best and free inplant training in coimbatore, chennai, and also in trichy.And also provides , ece, eee, civil, mechanical, biomedical, bioinformatics and mechatronics.